Owen White asked to speak at legal franchising event
Bfa affiliated franchise solicitors Owen White, have been invited to appear on the ‘expert panel’ at a national annual franchising conference hosted by Lincoln’s Inn Barristers, Hardwicke.
The conference, held on 7 October 2015 in London and organised by Hardwicke’s franchising team lead by Brie Stevens-Hoare, QC, will consist of talks and discussions including:
- Fairness in Franchising – John Pratt, partner, Hamilton Pratt
- Enforcing restrictive covenants - The do's and don'ts Paul Strelitz and Ebony Alleyne
- Franchisee’s client money/contracts & how to secure them - Barney Laurence, Sherrards Solicitors and Brie Stevens-Hoare, QC
- The Quebec experience and responsibility for the Network - Brie Stevens-Hoare, QC
- Multi brand Franchisor’s duties & freedoms - Nigel Jones, QC
- Targeting female franchisees: The Equality Act and other issues – PJ Kirby, QC
- Arbitration v Litigation - The pros and cons - Nigel Jones, QC and Charles Raffin
The conference will be attended by household name franchisors and specialist franchise lawyers in the UK.
Owen White is one of the leading franchise specialists in the UK with over 30 years’ experience of providing legal advice to both franchisors and franchisees. They were the first legal adviser to the British Franchise Association in 1977, advised the founder members and drafted the Association’s constitution. Head of the department, Jane Masih, is a bfa legal affiliate board member.
Commenting on their presence at the upcoming franchising conference, Brie Stevens-Hoare, QC from Hardwicke said, ‘We are delighted to have Owen White contributing to our conference once again. Previous conferences have benefitted hugely from Russell Ford and Jane Masih’s experience and ideas. We are confident Russell Ford will be a lively, interesting and informative participant.’
Motivated by wanting to find a way to generate an income that didn’t require...
Europe’s largest and most trusted B2B event is back for its 37th edition at the ExCeL, London on 17th and 18th May...
Green Square, one of the UK’s leading renewable energy companies, recently opened a new showroom in Kent. Launched...
Ovenu West Yorkshire is gearing up for a strong performance in 2017, buoyed by a rise in online activity.
Smith and Henderson, founders of the Best Franchise Awards have today named the winners for 2016. The announcement...